History of our bricks

The bricks have a "W" stamped in the frog.  This tells us they were made by Wigram Bros, a firm established by HF later Sir Henry Wigram in 1886. These Woolston based brickworks could produce 100,000 bricks per month, and 170,000 were produced at their Heathcote works where they also ran malthouses. What a wonderful story - these bricks were destined for The Laboratory for sure!  Here's a shot of the extraction site.

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 13:45