History of our bricks

The bricks have a "W" stamped in the frog.  This tells us they were made by Wigram Bros, a firm established by HF later Sir Henry Wigram in 1886. These Woolston based brickworks could produce 100,000 bricks per month, and 170,000 were produced at their Heathcote works where they also ran malthouses. What a wonderful story - these bricks were destined for The Laboratory for sure!  Here's a shot of the extraction site.

Meet Tayleur and Craig

Another milestone is reached, 15,500 clean red bricks have been lovingly extracted from the soil (ONE by ONE), loaded onto a trailer and stacked beautifully on pallets at the site by superheroes Craig and Tayleur Barnard.  1000 bricks a weekend for the last few months - awesome effort thanks so much you two.

Trusses installed

Courtyard trusses were installed today!  After years of collecting recycled building materials this was a monumental day.  The ex-Wards Brewery trusses are the very first recycled pieces to be incorporated into The Laboratory build - so much more to come.

Pages

Subscribe to The Laboratory | Lincoln Christchurch RSS